R/V "Celtic Explorer" - Multipurpose Research Vessel
The R/V CELTIC EXPLORER is designed by SKIPSTEKNISK AS and built by Damen Shipyard for the Marine Institute, Ireland.
The vessel was delivered in December 2002.
The vessel is outfitted and prepared mainly for the following duties:
1. Fishery research operations
2. Acoustic research operations
3. Environmental research operations
4. Seabed mapping
Triplex has supplied the following deck cranes, davits and frames:
• 1 x 6 t/15 m elbow derrick crane
• 1 x 8 t/15 m elbow derrick crane
• 1 x 2 t/ 8 m telescopic derrick crane
• 1 x A-frame 25t SWL in stern
• 1 x T-frame, over side 10t SWL sb side
• 1 x CTD davit
The Triplex AS deck crane, mounted on Icelandic research vessel Celtic Explorer, has a capacity of 120 ton-meters. It can lift 6 metric tons with an outlay of 15 m and 12 tons for 10 m.
For more info about the vessel, see; http://www.skipsteknisk.no/default.asp?menu=35&product=21